Immerse yourself in the seasons of Bilston Creek Farm with new learning opportunities. Our workshops are designed to inspire the creativity within by connecting you to the land, forest and sea. This farming inspired experience will educate your mind with hands on learning.
Bilston Creek Farm offers a close connection with nature while maintaining an elevated westcoast luxury experience.
Inspired by the French way of living – slowly, seasonally, and in good company. Workshops are led by local Metchosin friends, farmers, and artists.
Your Workshop Includes
- Curated by Giordi Faustini & Giulia Dubini
- Foraged plants, woods, and flowers from the Farm
- All the materials & equipment necessary to extract pigments and make paints
- Information on responsible foraging
- Comprehensive knowledge about Pigment Extraction and Paint Preparation
- Pigment Classification Methodology
- 7 Natural pigments by the end of the workshop to take home
- A Bilston branded Notebook to document your process
- Tea and Cookie Box by our executive chef Sandi Irving
Learn & Create
Giordano Faustini & Giulia Dubini are visiting Bilston Creek Farm from Italy. Originally from Northern Italy they grew up immersed in the hillsides of the alps and connected with the beauty of nature. They studied Art & Design at renowned Italian universities.
They have travelled the world building their desire to bridge the structure of art with nature. Giulia & Giordi are excited to share their knowledge and experiences at Bilston Creek Farm. They will guide you through the process step by step to create your own pigments from nature. Perfect for all skill levels.
Participants will largely focus on one process with multiple methods of extracting pigments from plants around the Farm and preparing paints using the pigments with natural binders. We will work with naturally derived pigments from lavender, fir, pumpkin, and more.
Giordi will introduce the history of pigments and their application in making art. As well, discuss the methodology of pigment classification. This workshop will be both informative and technique immersive.
Rates & Details
- Total Cost: $109 +tax per person
- March 10, 2023 from 6:30pm – 8:30pm in our heated Barn.
- Limited to 20 participants
- One ticket per person required
- Children are free to come as helpers with the ticket holder
For more information about booking see our Terms and Conditions.