Are you curious about honey bees, beekeeping, or how honey makes its way from inside a hive to inside a jar? Join us for this one hour informational talk led by local Beekeeper Werner Grundlingh.
Date: Saturday, October 7th
Admission: (SOLD OUT) $5 per person, children under 5 are free. Tickets available online.
- Learn the basics of a honey bee colony
- See a working colony of honey bees up close through the safety of an observation hive
- Try your hand at extracting honey – uncap, spin and watch it pour into a filter! You WILL get a little sticky, but that’s part of the fun.
- Taste honey fresh from the honeycomb!
- Learn what a beekeeper needs to do their job
- Learn the importance of planting seasonal flowers for forage (honey bees need to eat and YOU can help!)
- Take part in a casual Q&A as the talk wraps up
This talk takes place in our Forest Bar (a fun space just below our barn). Limited space available.