Immerse yourself in the seasons of Bilston Creek Farm with new learning opportunities. Our workshops are designed to inspire the creativity within by connecting you to the land, forest and sea. This farming inspired experience will educate your mind with hands on learning.
Bilston Creek Farm offers a close connection with nature while maintaining an elevated westcoast luxury experience.
Inspired by the French way of living – slowly, seasonally, and in good company. Workshops are led by local Metchosin friends, farmers, and artists.
Your Workshop Includes
- Curated by Derek Wulff, local Bee Rancher, expert gardener and Pomological master
- Heritage varietal seeds
- Each participant will receive two flats of seeds for tomatoes and a wide range of veggies
- All the materials & equipment are supplied
- Comprehensive knowledge to start your summer garden from seed to harvest
- The Bilston team will nuture your seedling, allowing them to prosper in our greenhouse
- You will leave with plenty of seedlings and larger plants to start your food garden
- A Bilston branded Notebook to document your process
- Hot Apple Cider from the farm provided at all workshops
After you plant your seeds (2 flats, 72 cells each), you will leave them in our greenhouse for the Bilston team to care for and nurture. No need for you to purchase expensive grow lights, or fill your kitchen with messy pots and dirt – that’s what our greenhouse is for!
When you return for the second and third workshops, your plants will be ready for you to take and plant out. Each participant will receive two flats of seeds for tomatoes and a wide range of veggies – multi-sown for no-dig gardening.
We will explore no-dig gardening and how to increase your yield with small hot box designs and ways to get your plants in sooner and protect them from the elements.
This should set you up for a lifetime of great gardening! We’ll also explore making your own starter mix, multi-sowing, and succession planting, so you have a summer and fall of great veggies. We’ll also have some great perennial herbs from Derek’s own garden for you to take home.
By the third and final workshop, you will leave with plenty of seedlings and larger plants to start your food garden and share with friends. Each participant is guaranteed to get their hands (or gloves) dirty in this fun workshop series.
- Bring your favourite pair of gardening gloves.
- Includes a warm cup of apple cider.
This workshop is presented in the greenhouse at Bilston by Derek Wulff, local Bee Rancher, expert gardener and Pomological master. He is sure to bring life and fun to his workshops, so you will learn a lot – and have a blast doing it!
Over the course of the three workshops, we will plant a wide range of seeds for your summer vegetable and herb garden.
Rates & Details
Get inspired & be creative
For more information about booking see our Terms and Conditions.
- SOLD OUT
- Total Cost: $185+tax per person
- Includes 3 Workshops in our Greenhouse:
- February 18, 2023 | 10:30am – 12:30pm
- March 18, 2023 | 10:30am – 12:30pm
- April 22, 2023 | 10:30am – 12:30pm
- Limited to 25 participants (sold out)